Your Gateway & Partner to Study in China
  Study in Guangzhou
   Martial Arts
  Study in Beijing
   Martial Arts
  Study in Shanghai
   Martial Arts
    Study in China
         Just a click away


Why I get no response from China International Education after I sent an email?
We found sometimes our email accounts don't work properly, we do miss some emails from time to time.

Please send your email again by clicking here.

If I apply for a short term program, how will you support my visa?
We don't issue visa supporting documents for a program shorter than 3 months on a general basis.

For helpful information in getting a visa, please click here.

Do I need to buy my own health insurance before leaving?
Yes, we strongly recommend to buy your insurance in your country before leaving, covering the period you stay in China. Before you purchase one, make sure you have absolutely clear idea of what are covered under the policy.

For program's insurance policy , please click here.

China International Education is not PECUNIARILY responsible for any medical and accident emergency during the program.

As an assistant, China International Education will fully help in dealing with student's insurance affairs with the insurance company as well as all other parties involved for free.

If I travel to Hong Kong, do I need a re-entry visa?
Under the policy of “one country two systems”, Hong Kong is considered a “foreign region” when you cross the border. Therefore a re-entry visa is required to return to mainland if you plan to visit Hong Kong. You can get the re-entry visa before you go to China at the local Exit and Entry Bureau of Chinese PSB (Public Security Bureau). China International Education will help you on this if needed.

How much money do I need to bring?
China International Education doesn't cover meals and other incidental personal expenses. For the first month of your stay, you should bring enough cash to cover expenses such as meals, notebook computer (if you need to buy one in China), and other incidental personal expenses. Students' expenses for the first month can come to CNY4,000 or more.

Before departure, check with your local bank on how to draw/transfer money while you are in China. You can obtain a bank draft or transfer money to a bank account in China through your local bank. Keep in mind that it may take some time to cash a large bank draft. Do not carry too much cash at any time.

Will I be met at the airport?
China International Education provides airport arrival-pick-up service for participants. China International Education staff will meet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation.

Do I need to apply for a Chinese identity card?
Every adult (over 18 years of age) who enters and is permitted to stay in China for more than 180 days must apply for a Chinese Temporary Residence Card within 30 days of arrival. China International Education will obtain the card for participants. You will need to take another medical test in China in order to complete the procedure. Bring along your passport, medical result from your home country, Admission Letter issued by the university and the JW202 Form. 

Where can I change money in China?
Services are available at the airport as well as on campus. Banks at downtown area can change money as well.

How do I open a bank account?
To open a bank account, you must apply in person. On the orientation day, China International Education will help you do this. Bring along a valid passport and fill out an application form that is available at the banks' enquiry counters. Bank service fees are charged for transferring money from another country to your bank account in China, and vice versa. Checks written in a foreign currency generally take one to two weeks to clear.

Students can normally only open savings accounts.

General banking hours in China are as follows:
Monday- Friday: 9:00am – 17:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 14:00pm
Closed on Sundays.

What voltage is used in China?
The voltage in China is 220v (50 Hz). Wall socket outlets installed within University premises are 12 amperes (12A), with a three rectangular-pin configuration.

How can I make telephone calls?
Local calls are not free in China. At the dorms on campus, 201 telephone is installed. You can buy 201 pre-paid card to call out. IP cards are also available on campus for you to call home at much cheaper price. At hotel, local calls are free. If you are staying at local apartment, telephone is installed. There is a fixed rental fee costing RMB26/month and additional cost will apply on top of that if you use the phone. The telephone bill will come at the end of every month.  Public phones are available throughout the campus and you can buy pre-paid cards to make both local and international calls.  

How frequent is public transport in China?
Transport in big cities in China like Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai is generally extensive, efficient, and economical but traffic can be very congested during the peak hours (7-10am and 5-8pm). The major modes of transport include public buses, taxis, trains, ferries and the metro. For details on transportation, please visit the Transportation Section under each city’s description.



  Important Info
        How to Apply
        Insurance & Visa
        What We Do
        Travel in China
        AG Activities
        Student Feedback
  Click for PDF version Application Form  Application Form

How to write Chinese

Chinese Martial Arts

About Us |  Contact Us |  FAQ |  Terms & Conditions |  Privacy Policy |  Links
All rights reserved © China International Education
Beijing Shanghai Guangzhou